Meet the teachers will be on Wednesday, August 5th from 3:00pm until 5:30 pm. This will a good time to bring school supplies and an opportunity to briefly meet your child’s teacher.
Here are some helpful links to assist you with registering you child at South Forrest
Parents of new students need to contact the school for registration instructions.
Please call the school office at 601-545-7714 for more information
Many have posted questions about dress code. Here are excerpts from the district’s handbook regarding dress code:
Knit Polo Shirt
- No more than 5 buttons. (Top button only one allowed unbuttoned)
- Long, short, or 3/4 sleeve
- With or without pockets
- No visible emblem, trademark, or logo, etc., except for school logo
- No ruffles, pleats, lace, trim, etc.
- Turtlenecks/undershirts may be worn with appropriate school colors, and may not show under bottom of shirt.
- Colors: Red, White, Royal Blue
Standard Sweat Shirts/Fleece Pullovers/Sweaters
- Solid color: Same as polo shirts
- No hoods or front pockets
Pants, Capri Pants or Shorts
- Solid color: Khaki or navy
- Cuffed or un-cuffed, properly hemmed
- Pleated or un-pleated
- With or without elastic
- No cell phone pocket
- Length of shorts must be to the top of the kneecap
The construction of the mandatory dress code clothing shall be wash-and-wear or permanent press fabric. No denim, warm-up, wind suits, overalls, hip huggers, corduroys, cargo, carpenter, etc.